Prime Industrial Port Zone, 110 South Coast Road, Maydon Wharf, Durban
± 25 986 m² Leasehold industrial property | ± 10 541 m² Under roof | 12 Years remaining on main lease | Direct access to Bayhead Road | Railway Siding | Two weigh bridges | End-user opportunity
The subject property is located within the most primary Durban Harbour node. This industrial property consists of ± 10 541m² warehousing and ± 14 000 m² yard space. The property enjoys direct access to South Coast Rd and is located along Bayhead Road. The property is ideal for Port related operations.
This offer is for the sale of two leases.
Some of the properties stronger attributes:
1) There is ± 10 541 m² under roof. The property houses several large compartmentalised sheds with easy super-link and forklift access. The sheds enjoy good height. There are also an administration block and several other multi-level storage facilities and 14 staff quarters.
2) There is ± 14 000 m² yard space. The yard is easily accessible by super-link trucks through a security access. There is an off-road staging area for around 6 super-links outside and approximate 4 inside.
3) The property is zoned Noxious Industrial
4) The property has two weigh bridges (24 m and 16.6 m) as well as a weigh-bridge office
5) There is a 2 km rail siding for this properties sole use and 4 railway wagons can stand under-roof at a time.
6) There is 3 phase power and 400 amp power supply
7) The entire yard is lit for night-time operations
8) Security cameras
9) There is a security office
10) There is a medical facility with sick room
11) Locality ensures fast turnaround time between Port
12) It is estimated that ± 1 000 shipping containers could be stacked onsite
13) Low monthly Municipal Rates; in comparison to Port
There are two leases over this property.
1) The first lease is for ± 10 541 m² warehousing and ± 7 000 m² yard. This is a lease on Private Land which means that it is not subjected to hefty Port Levies. This lease expires on 31 July 2028
2) The second lease if for ± 7 000 m² and is primarily yard space. This lease is with Transnet as Lessor. The rental thereon is nominal as this land is only accessible via the Private Land portion