± 4 000m² Mixed Use Property, 20 Che Guevara (Moore) Road, Congella, Durban
Gross Building Area: ± 4 000 m² | Parking facilities for 40 cars | Partly Tenanted: Gross Annual Income ± R370K | Corner site – excellent exposure | Zoned: General Industrial | Fully revamped and refurbished building
The versatility of the available space and the sites close proximity to major transport routes is ideal for the establishment of the following retail and commercial activities:
• Opening of a franchise store (KFC, Woolworths Food Market, Debonair’s)
• Retail chain store (Clothing, Cash & Carry and Home ware)
• Fruit/Vegetable market store
• Electronics – Hi Tech stores.
• Furniture outlet store with warehousing and assembly capabilities
• Professional office suites on the first floor. (Attorneys Practice, Accounting firms, Architect Company, Specialist Doctors rooms, Insurance Companies, etc)
The building has the following features:
• 3 Floors - Lower Ground, Ground and First.
• Lower ground floor has drive-in access and a 3.2 m high ceiling, the drive in access door to the lower ground is automated.
• The building also has parking facilities for approximately 40 cars.
• There are two 40’container loading and offloading bays which are situated adjacent to the lower ground warehousing facility.
• The building has three phase power. 200 amps
• There is a 1.3 ton goods hoist servicing the building. (1.5m wide x 2.1m high x 1.4m depth)
• Ample advertising space.
• 2 Bill boards 15m x 3.5m for advertising space at the back of the building which is visible from the South Coast Freeway and the Victoria Embankment exit into Che Guevara Road.
• Foundations laid for a further two floors to be add onto existing building.
• The architectural appeal of this building far surpasses all other building in the area.
• Dedicated parking bays in front of showrooms.
• Landscaped garden around building.
• Sprinkler system on the lower ground floor.
• 4 internal parking bays.
• Concrete slab roof with columns 1 m above the slab.
• Building enjoys three road frontages.
The property enjoys a prominent position and high visibility on a corner site at a busy intersection, bound by Che Guevara (Moore) Road, Sydney Road (R102), as well as Cuckoo Lane.
Located within the suburb known as Congella Industrial, which is situated south west of the Durban CBD, this property is a stone throw away from the Durban Port, which makes it a strategic location for any logistics or freight company that requires proximity to the Port to effectively manage costs.
The area surrounding the property is one of high demand and has good occupancy levels. It is predominantly made up of large warehousing and distribution facilities. The property can be accessed directly off Sydney Road, which is a one-way traffic carrying route running in a southerly direction. Sydney Road is the main arterial road that carries traffic towards the south and connects to Edwin Swales V C Drive (M7). Che Guevara Road is a wide one-way busy arterial carrying traffic from the M4 southern freeway off ramp/ harbour area and the CBD westward to Berea. Alternate vehicular access is off Cuckoo Lane and pedestrian access is off Moore Road.
Congella Industrial is bound by the residential node of Glenwood and industrial node of Maydon Wharf, which is part of the Durban Harbour and east of the property. The Metro Railway line is approximately 150m from the property, which is in close proximity of the Dalbridge Station.
The local vicinity offers modern amenities and the surrounding residential suburbs provide shopping facilities, schools and parks. The area is fully serviced with tarred roads, sewerage, refuse removal and Telkom networks.
To participate in this physical auction each bidder has to follow the registration procedures.