Prominent Multi-Storey Office Building, Units 1-13, Charter House, 75 Crompton Street, Pinetown
Combined extent: ± 4 707 m² | GLA: ± 4 655 m² | 48 Parking bays | Gross annual income ± R 2.8 Million
This prominent Office Complex is situated right in the CBD of Pinetown and enjoys Landmark exposure. The nine story building known as Charterhouse, has a healthy mix of service related tenants and generates an annual Gross income of ± R 2.8 Million.
The location of the building allows Tenants and employees the convenience of nearby shopping and entertainment opportunities, as well as easy connections to public transport and all major arterial roads.
Pinetown is industrial a town just inland north-west of Durban in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Pinetown was named after the governor of Natal, Sir Benjamin Pine. The town was established in 1850 around the Wayside Hotel, itself built in 1849 along the main wagon route between Durban and Pietermaritzburg.
During the Second Boer War, the British built a concentration camp in Pinetown to house Boer women and children. A number of German settlers made Pinetown their base and this accounts for the neighbourhood known as New Germany and the German Lutheran Church. Indeed, to this day imported German cakes and goodies pack the shelves at Christmas time in the Knowles Spar, the largest grocery store of Pinetown.
No longer a separate municipality, Pinetown is now part of the larger eThekwini Municipality and, for voting purposes, falls within the IEC electoral Ward 18. The area from Cowies Hill in the east, along Josiah Gumede (Old Main) Road/M1 to Westmead industrial area in the west, is commonly referred to as the Pinetown area however, Pinetown extends strictly from Caversham Glen to Manors. The foundations and structures of the original town can be found at the corner of Josiah Gumede (Old Main) Road and Stapleton Road.